The purposes for which this corporation is created and maintained shall be exclusively for the promotion of social welfare and no activities which are not permitted by an organization exempt from taxation pursuant to Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended, shall be permitted.
The corporation shall have the following specified powers:
(1) To gather, analyze and disseminate data and information relating to employee benefits at the state, county and municipal levels and other issues, including, but not limited to, the support of professional firefighters;
(2) To serve as a core organization to bring together citizens, governmental agencies and representatives of other organizations which have a common interest in issues relating to state, county and municipal pensions, generally, within the State of Florida;
(3) To conduct fundraising activities for the production of revenues adequate to carry out the purposes of the corporation;
(4) To employ staff, consultants, attorneys and accountants as are necessary for the proper operation of the corporation;
(5) To disseminate to the public, civic and governmental organizations and other non-profit and business entities information relating to the purposes of the corporation and such other subjects as may from time to time arise;
(6) To exercise powers permitted by Florida law of a corporation not for profit;
(7) To register, if it becomes necessary, and function as a political committee pursuant to Chapter 106, Florida Statutes or the corresponding section of any later adopted statutes or to establish a separate political committee, as permitted by law;
(8) To conduct such other related activities permitted to be conducted by an organization exempt from taxation pursuant to Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended.